Monday, July 22, 2013

A boy!!

The Duchess of Cambridge gave birth to a son at 4:30 p.m. (11:30).  Baby weighed 8lbs 6 ozs.   Name will be released in due course.

I have been without Internet nearly all day ....

So much for Margaret ... still thinking a Scots regnal name, but George is a strong possibility.

The Duke of Cambridge, who will spend the night with his wife and infant son at the hospital, released a statement: "We could not be happier."

The Prince of Wales said this evening:
“Both my wife and I are overjoyed at the arrival of my first grandchild.  It is an incredibly special moment for William and Catherine and we are so thrilled for them on the birth of their baby boy.
Grandparenthood is a unique moment in anyone’s life, as countless kind people have told me in recent months, so I am enormously proud and happy to be a grandfather for the first time and we are eagerly looking forward to seeing the baby in the near future.”

3 comments:

Pam said...

Think Michael will be a contender for the 'other name'. Think the christening date might be Harry's birthday? I'd think he'd be a shoe-in for God parent, but do you think other European royalty would be involved since this would be a future sovereign?

Marlene Eilers Koenig said...

Michael might be one of the names. Not convinced Harry will be a godfather. The baptism probably will not be until late September or October after queen's Scottish holiday is over.

Unknown said...

I never thought about the Scots connection: that moves Robert up on my list as my dark horse candidate, as I don't think it'll be James. Alexander, maybe?

My front-runner is still George.