Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Proclamation to the Nation by the Custodian of the Crown of Romania

Proclamation to the Nation by the Custodian of the Crown of Romania



Called to succeed the good King Michael, who bequeathed to me the sacred legacy of his faith in and love of Romania, I shall continue his work and abide by his covenant.

In the effort to develop and consolidate the country, I shall have for a model the example set by our father and his belief in the destiny of the Romanian people.

I express my deep gratitude to the four previous generations of my family, who created the bond between nation and Royal House. One and a half centuries have brought Romania modern institutions, development, consolidation, and openness to the rest of the world.

During his long life, the fourth king of Romania found succour in faith, hope, and patience. In every circumstance, he responded with justice and, where possible, with forgiveness.

I am certain that in future Romanians will continue to love the Crown and to be united in mind and deed, for the sake of national advancement in the context of the European Union and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.

With deep feeling and honour, with a sense of duty, as a good Romanian and Custodian of the crown, I dedicate my life and work to our nation and to Romanians all over the world.

So help us God!


Margareta,
Custodian of the Crown of Romania

No comments: